The Rail Transit Underground Engineering Safety Risk Management Forum 2020
Afternoon, September 3rd 2020
Shanghai International Convention Center
(No. 2727 Binjiang Avenue, Pudong New District)
From 1993 to the end of 2019 there were at least 400 metropolitan rail transit underground engineering accidents in China, according to incomplete statistics. These accidents occurred over more than 30 cities in China, including most notably in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou.
Most underground railway accidents are caused by multiple factors. Root causes can be classified into road subsidence (collapse), waterproof leakage, falls from height, overturned heavy objects, material surges (of water, sand or earth) and other less common accident types. Several of these types of accidents account for more than 88% of the total, with the proportion of these caused by different construction methods varying. Usually the main body responsible for accident prevention involves multiple areas of responsibility such as design, engineering, construction, surveyance, third-party monitoring, supervision and others, which objectively increases the difficulty of project safety risk management.
Nowadays, with the rapid increase of operating lines in recent years, subway operational risk management and the investigation of potential hidden problems on active lines is increasingly valued, and not just safety management during the construction process. In July 2019, China’s Ministry of Transport issued the Measures for Urban Rail Transit Operation Safety Risk Classification Control and Hidden Trouble Shooting and Governance Management Measures, which stated that “facility monitoring and maintenance risks, including bridges, tunnels, tracks, roadbeds, stations, control centers and vehicles, constitute the base risks in operational safety and risk management that need to be taken seriously.”
In this context, the “Rail Transit Underground Engineering Safety Risk Management Forum 2020”, hosted by the Shanghai Civil Engineering Society, will be held at the Shanghai International Conference Center on September 3rd 2020. The forum will focus on how to improve risk prevention management capabilities, providing all participants with an essential industry event platform focused on safety and risk management in subway construction and operation. It will offer multiple perspectives and comprehensive analysis of the causes of subway engineering accidents while reviewing accident experience, assessing enhanced risk management capabilities, and aiming to improve work plans, emergency response and post-event recovery capabilities.
The Shanghai Civil Engineering Society
The Shanghai Civil Engineering Society Rail Transportation Professional Committee
Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd.
- Management of different construction methodologies in rail transit
- Analysis of rail engineering accident cases
- Waterproof engineering design, leakage analysis and treatment of rail transit tunnels
- Operational rail transit facility monitoring
- Metro rail transit construction companies in China and abroad;
- Planning, design, consulting, construction and operating companies;
- Investment institutions of Chinese and international rail transit projects;
- Chinese and foreign rail transit construction equipment, manufacturing, management, consulting and other related supporting enterprises;
Conference Fee & Registration
1. Registration fee: RMB 1,000 per person, including registration, briefing content, participation and tea break.
2. Registration fee for Shanghai Civil Engineering Society members: RMB 800 per person, including registration fee, briefing content and tea break, with complimentary places provided for certain participants.
3. There is no registration fee for government agencies or subway and tram operating companies. Qualifying participants can contact the organizers to request a discount code.
4. Participants must pay for their own travel expenses.
5. Registration methods:
a) Online registration and payment to be set up
b) Offline registration by bank transfer, please contact the organizers for details
6. Advertisement & Sponsorship Opportunities: this forum accepts commercial sponsorship participation methods, including conference speeches, booth displays, color page advertisements, tea break sponsorship and other sponsorship methods. For details, please consult the organizers.
Organizer: Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd.
Mr. Aaron Li
Mr. Wu Bing